Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Chapter 31 and Overall

In chapter 31 the electronics training jackets really interested me. We currently can not access anything about our students unless we are at school on the school drive. Therefore, all 300 IEP's, progress reports, and charting has to be completed at school. The time consuming work really puts a strain on my after school activities when I have to spend many extra hours at school instead of at home or any other place that I would be able to access the information needed to complete my tasks. Even using a smartcard would be beneficial to many of us. Either way I am very excited to hear more about the electronics training jackets.

I thought the most interesting piece of technology that we worked with this semester would be screencasting with Camtasia. I always wondered how some training programs were able to record the screen of what they were working on. Now I know, and now that I have had some time to play around with it I think it is great. It is so easy to navigate and you can make so many different screencasts. It is such an interesting way to show students how to complete tasks on the Internet or to have guided exploration of a new technology tool. All in all I can't wait to create lessons with it and show it to my administration for training uses.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jacqueline,

I really enjoyed learning about Camtasia and also wondered how peopel were able to record their movements on the screen. I'd like to check Camtasia out again in the future and find a way to incorporate this into some of my lessons. Great thoughts!

Unknown said...

Hello,
Your blog posting what short and sweet about our chapter, I thought it was very wordy and difficult at times to follow. I thought along the same lines and what was exciting in this chapter. The jackets and body suits are extremely cool and they could be used in schools in many ways if they were cost effective. Not being able to connect to your schools system outside of schools I am sure makes things difficult, you stated that you have to put in several hours after school to complete your tasks. Knowing this we still have people in the public state that we teachers have it easy with summers off and a short work day if they only knew right? You posting about your favorite part of the course were right on with mine. I thought Camtasia was amazing and the ideas and options that are available o utilize that program are endless. I see myself using to train staff on simple internet tricks.

Unknown said...

I think the use of electronic training jackets will really revolutionize how we handle our information and how we communicate with each other. Having everyones information at the ready will save countless hours. I can understand how frustrating it must be to have to complete all your work at school instead of at home. Having the ability to take that information with you and do your work where you need to would be very nice. Just give them a few more years to perfect the technology and then we can start to work when we want to, not just before and after school on site.

Katya said...

Hello Jacqueline:
Electronic training jackets are great examples of one of the most interesting and promising characteristics of new technology for the near future. These ETJ as well as the other tools we’ve learned during the course will be great aid to reduce time and cost of transporting. In large scale, these saving will have major impact in other areas of our community living, like pollution or traffic